This website, www.MotherDownUnder.com, is owned by Caitlin Dyer (ABN 96956783807).
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
0432 829 368
I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act)
If you engage with me via this website or choose to become my client, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name and email address when you opt into my emails
- your address for deliveries and consultations
- your due date, caregiver, and other details relating to your birth
- your opinion about future topics, products, or services that may interest you
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- an opt-in form for my mailing list
- when you email me with an enquiry
I use this information to:
- provide you with relevant news and updates about my services
I will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox, or fill in a form to provide me with information
- if I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- if I am legally required to collect it
- for necessary administrative processes if you become my client
- and I will always give you a choice to opt out
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- when you send me information in an email
- during a consultation
The reason why I collect this information is:
- so that I can provide you with the services you have contracted for
- to ensure that I am providing you with the most appropriate services
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- your medical history
- your birth date
- information on your relationships
- information on your child, including birth date and relevant medical history
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
Sensitive information is stored on a password protected computer and a password protected program.
Only I have access sensitive material.
I do not store sensitive information online or in the cloud.
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years.
You may choose not to provide me with your personal information. However, if you choose not to be completely honest with me, I may not be able to provide you with the services that you request.
Use of Personal Information
Reasons why I may disclose your personal information include:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to send you products that you have purchased
In order to do this, I may share some relevant personal information – on a strictly need to know basis – with a delivery driver, Australia Post, or courier companies.
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
I take reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- storing files securely
- ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis
From time to time I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Google Analytics
- personal contact
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact me.
Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct, or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to me at Caitlin@MotherDownUnder.com and I will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Notification of Change
Last updated: April 29, 2019.
Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.