If you just found out you are pregnant and have no idea where to begin,
if you feel like you aren’t getting the time and emotional support that you need from your caregiver,
if you want to run your birth plan by someone,
if you are feeling anxious about the changes that becoming a mother will bring,
then these planning sessions are for you!
As soon as you see those little blue lines, you have SO many questions!
As the weeks tick by, for every question that gets answered, two more pop up!
And the questions don’t end once your baby arrives…if anything, they multiply at a greater rate!
Throughout your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, the medical system is focused on ensuring that you and your baby are physically well.
Your antenatal appointments will likely involve palpating your baby, checking your baby’s growth, listening to your baby’s heart rate, and checking your blood pressure.
Your postnatal appointments (if you have any) will likely be centred on physical findings…your blood pressure, vaginal blood loss, wound care, bladder and bowel function, and your baby’s weight, sleeping, immunisations.
In most models of care, there simply isn’t time to ensure that you are also emotionally well, getting all your questions answered, and feeling confident about your current circumstances as well as all that is to come!
And unfortunately, due to COVID, there is less time and there are fewer resources to devote to pregnant women.
That is where these session come in…to fill that gap between what you want to know and what the medical system has decide that you need to know.
- You want to know about your options for birth – models of care, public versus private, is home birth really that risky, what even is a doula.
- You want help creating your birth preferences.
- You want to address some fears you have about pregnancy, birth, or becoming a parent.
- You want Physiology of Birth 101 and to understand what actually happens throughout labor.
- You want Caesarean Birth 101 and to understand what actually happens on the day.
- You want some tools to help you cope with the functional intensity of labour.
- You want to better understand what is involved in an induction and have some tools to help you at every stage.
- You want your partner to be as informed and excited as you are.
- You want to know how to navigate the medical system to get a birth not dictated by policy but instead on what is best for you.
- You want to know more about your rights, how to advocate for yourself, and what to do if you want to decline recommended scans, tests, or interventions.
- You want to debrief your birth.
- You want to put some practical plans in place to help you thrive as you transition to parenthood.
- You want Newborns 101 and to understand the basics of feeding and sleeping.
- You want someone to listen.
- You want to talk about anything else related to birth, pregnancy, and postpartum!
In terms of physical health and safety, the medical system has got your back.
But there is SO MUCH MORE to it than having a healthy baby.
And you deserve to enter into this stage of your life feeling supported, confident, and excited!
After a session with me, you will no longer be feeling overwhelmed and like you have a huge list of answered questions.
Instead, after our session, you will:
- You will feel in control, able to make choices that meet your needs as well as your baby’s.
- You will trust yourself as the expert.
You will know that you are educated, prepared, capable of making informed decisions, and able to serve as an advocate for your yourself and for your baby.
- You will feel savvy, assured about all that is to come because you have awesome insider info and because you know your rights.
- You will feel positive, ready for life with a newborn and with a plan in place that will enable you to have an enjoyable postpartum experience.
- You won’t feel alone. You will come to realise that your new normal is in fact very normal! Plus you will have me cheering you on!
This is absolutely for you if you want the guidance of someone who has been exactly where you are now…pregnant, overwhelmed, overjoyed at the prospect of having a baby but unsure of what life will look like once that baby is in her arms.
I already know you will invest in giving your baby the best start. I am sure your nursery is already filling up with baby monitors, baby swings, and baby carriers.
But you deserve the best start too.
Ask yourself how you want this time in your life to feel.
Know that overwhelm, stress, and exhaustion do not have to be a part of your transition to parenthood.
Imagine feeling safe, supported, and thriving!
A 90 minute session either in person, over the phone, or online via Zoom where we get clear on your wants and needs (and don’t wants and don’t needs).
I will email you with any resources that we discussed within a week of our chat.
The initial 90 minute session is $149.00.
There is opportunity for follow up sessions as your pregnancy progresses and even after your baby has arrived!
Ready to make a plan that enables you to feel supported and prepared?